Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Day 2

OK so I am here and all is well. It is very weird for me to be somewhere that I don´t undertand ANYONE and I feel lost all the time. The culture here is different. Everyone is much more laid back except when they are driving. When they are driving--They are crazy! The cars do whatever they want. They drive the wrong way on a one way. They pass 20 cars in a no passing zone and swerve just in time! Crazy. When I first got to my house, I was very confused about everything. I don´t understand how to use the shower still and I still don´t understand who the lady is that is cooking for me. Is she the daughter? The housekeeper? Does she live there? My host ´´mom´´ is in Los Estados Unidos so I am confused as to who this person is. The house is far from my school so I might be moving to an apartment closer. The director is looking into it for me. My class in the morning is with two students from Haiti that are in college in Boston. In the afternoon, I have private lessons for an hour or so. Then I am off to dance class. It was supposed to be bachata y merengue but when I got here they said that it is now just salsa y mrengue. Oh well. I obviously like salsa so I guess it is ok. I need to run to dance class now. Oh by the way, after only two days, I am already finding myself thinking half of this letter in Spanish. I keep wanting to type necesito, or loco or entiendo. :) Ok, bien. I hope everyone there is well. I will write again when I next get to the cafe.

No comments: