Sunday, June 15, 2008

Estoy aburrida

Sundays in the Dominican Republic are not exactly known for their excitment. There really isn´t anything to do. Especially now that the boys that lived here left. Tonight I am supposed to go dancing but I can´t get a hold of anyone that I am supposed to go with. Vamos a ver. (we´ll see). Everything is closed so alas, I am at home typing on the computer and watching TV. I feel a little funny just hanging out in these people´s house. If I come again, I think I will get an apartment. It would be nice to go a movie but I don´t feel like going alone.... Anyway, yesterday I hung out with a friend and went to this place. I don´t know how to call it in English. It is this big huge fountain that ¨cleans¨ the water that runs off from the rain. Since the water here isn´t clean i doubt it does a very good job. But it was pretty. Unfortunately it rained. I mean, it poured! I got soaking wet and it was far from home. We had to take 3 carropublicos to get there and in the rain it is very difficult to get a car or a taxi so we had to walk a lot of the way back. Afterwards, I went to bed, kind of early. I was exhausted. Today, I guess this is what I am going to do. Write on the computer and watch tv.... maybe dance later....

No comments: