Sunday, June 08, 2008

El fin de semana

So, I have finally moved into a new house because not only was my family crazy but it was really far away from the school and everything else.  I moved into the house with two guys that are going to my school as well and the family is very nice.  But they talk very fast and I can't understand hardly ANYTHING of what they say.  After a week I still feel very out of place a lot of the time.  I went dancing last night (saturday) with the son of my host family who is a college student, his friends, and some of my new friends from my school.  It was fun even though I didn't understand a lot of what they were saying.  This seems to be a theme for me here.  Their accent is so crazy and they talk REALLY fast.  OK about the music here.  There is always music.  I can't remember more than 5 minutes of time passing here when I didn't hear music.  People have music blasting from everywhere and they will just dance wherever.  They play a lot of merengue and bachata but also some rock and tons of regeton. And they play it LOUD.  Very Loud. I am going to some club to take a free salsa lesson this evening.  I hope that I understood the people who told me about it.  I can never be sure. :)

So one week down two more to go.  Looking forward to getting back to school and learning more Spanish so that I am not so clueless. :)  Hugs to all!

No comments: